The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is a rugged, capable SUV that is ready for anything. With its new hybrid powertrain and updated interior, the 4Runner is more powerful, more efficient, and more comfortable than ever before.
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is a full-size SUV that is known for its off-road capabilities. The new model features a hybrid powertrain that delivers improved fuel economy, while the updated interior offers more comfort and convenience. The 4Runner is also available in a variety of trim levels to suit different needs.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Redesign & Update
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is getting a major redesign and update. The new model will be based on Toyota’s new TNGA-F platform, which will make it more rugged, capable, and efficient. The interior will also be updated with a new dashboard, infotainment system, and seats.
- Redesign: The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is getting a major redesign, with a new platform, powertrain, and interior. The new 4Runner will be more capable off-road, more efficient on the road, and more comfortable for passengers. The new platform is based on the Toyota TNGA-F platform, which is also used for the Tacoma pickup truck. This platform will make the 4Runner more rigid and more capable off-road.
- Update: The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is getting a major update, with a new hybrid powertrain and updated interior. The hybrid powertrain will improve fuel economy, while the updated interior will offer more comfort and convenience. The 4Runner is also getting a new exterior design, which is more aggressive and rugged.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Price & Release Date
2025 Toyota 4Runner Price
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is expected to have a starting price of around $40,500. This is slightly higher than the starting price of the current model, but it is still a competitive price for a capable and rugged SUV.
|2025 Toyota 4Runner SR5||$40,500|
|2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road||$45,500|
|2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro||$60,500|
What is the Release Date of 2025 Toyota 4Runner?
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is expected to be released in the second half of 2024. Toyota has not yet announced an official release date, but most experts believe that it will be released in late summer or early fall. The new 4Runner will be a significant overhaul of the current model, with a new hybrid powertrain, updated interior, and improved off-road capabilities.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Running Spy Photos & Spy Shots
The 2025 4Runner is expected to feature a revised front end with a new grille, headlights, and bumper. The rear end is also expected to be updated, with new taillights and a revised bumper. Inside, the 4Runner is expected to get a new infotainment system with a larger touchscreen display.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Interior Design and Comfort
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is a full-size SUV that is known for its rugged off-road capabilities. However, the new model also features a comfortable and spacious interior that is perfect for long road trips or weekend adventures.
- Interior Design :The interior of the 2025 4Runner is designed with comfort and functionality in mind. The front seats are supportive and well-cushioned, and the rear seats offer plenty of legroom and headroom. The dashboard is well-organized and easy to use, and the infotainment system is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Comfort Features: The 2025 4Runner comes standard with a number of comfort features, including dual-zone climate control, heated front seats, and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. There are also a number of optional comfort features available, such as a panoramic sunroof, a heated steering wheel, and ventilated front seats.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Exterior Design
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is a full-size SUV that is known for its rugged and capable exterior design. The new model features a number of updates, including a more aggressive front fascia, revised headlights and taillights, and a new grille. The 4Runner is also available in a variety of colors, including new options like Lunar Rock and Smoked Quartz.
- Headlights and Taillights: The 2025 4Runner features new headlights and taillights that give the SUV a more modern look. The headlights are now LED and feature a sharper, more angular design. The taillights have also been redesigned and now feature a more horizontal layout.
- Grille: The 2025 4Runner also features a new grille that is more upright and angular than the previous model. The grille is now flanked by two large air intakes that help to improve the SUV’s cooling performance.
- Bodywork :The bodywork of the 2025 4Runner has also been updated with a number of new features. The front fenders now feature more pronounced fender flares, and the rear bumper has been redesigned to give the SUV a more aggressive look.
- Overall Design :The overall design of the 2025 Toyota 4Runner is more rugged and aggressive than the previous model. The SUV’s new exterior features give it a more modern look, while still maintaining its traditional off-road styling.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Engine, Transmission, Acceleration & Power
Overall, the engine, transmission, acceleration, and power in the 2025 Toyota 4Runner are all well-matched for a capable and reliable SUV.
- Engine: The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is powered by a 4.0L V6 engine that produces 270 horsepower and 278 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired with a 5-speed automatic transmission.
- Transmission: The 5-speed automatic transmission in the 2025 Toyota 4Runner is a reliable and durable transmission that provides smooth and efficient shifting. The transmission also features a Tow/Haul mode that helps to improve fuel economy when towing a trailer.
- Acceleration: The 2025 Toyota 4Runner can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 7.2 seconds. This is a respectable acceleration time for a full-size SUV.
- Power: The 4.0L V6 engine in the 2025 Toyota 4Runner provides plenty of power for both on-road and off-road driving. The engine is also relatively fuel-efficient, getting up to 22 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Speed & Range
Speed – The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is not a speed demon, but it is certainly capable of getting you where you need to go. With a 4.0L V6 engine that produces 270 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque, the 4Runner can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 8.0 seconds. The top speed is limited to 147 mph.
Range: The 2025 Toyota 4Runner offers an impressive maximum range of approximately 500 miles when equipped with a full tank of gas. This generous range ensures that you can confidently reach your intended destination, even when embarking on extensive road trips.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Fuel Efficiency & Mileage MPG
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is a capable off-road SUV that is not known for its fuel efficiency. However, the new model does offer some improvements over the previous generation.
|City MPG||16 mpg|
|Highway MPG||19 mpg|
|Combined MPG||17 mpg|
|Hybrid Model||21 mpg – 24 mpg|
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Cargo Space & Towing Capacity
Cargo Space: The 2025 Toyota 4Runner has a maximum cargo space of 88.8 cubic feet. This is enough space to fit a variety of cargo, including camping gear, luggage, and sports equipment. The 4Runner also has a number of features that make it easy to load and unload cargo, such as a rear cargo door with a power liftgate and a split-folding rear seat.
Towing Capacity: With a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds, this vehicle is well-suited for a variety of towing needs. This means that you can tow a small boat, a trailer, or even a camper. The 4Runner also comes standard with a trailer hitch and wiring harness, so you can tow right away.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Wheels, Tires & Brakes
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner comes with a variety of wheels, tires, and brakes to suit different needs. The standard wheels and tires are a good option for most drivers, but if you plan on doing a lot of off-roading, you may want to consider upgrading to larger wheels and tires. The brakes are also a good option, but if you want the best possible stopping power, you may want to consider upgrading to the TRD Pro model’s brakes.
- Wheel Options: The 2025 Toyota 4Runner comes standard with 17-inch wheels. The TRD Pro model comes with 18-inch wheels. Alloy wheels are standard, but you can also opt for black alloy wheels or chrome wheels.
- Tire Technology: The 2025 Toyota 4Runner comes standard with 265/70R17 tires. The TRD Pro model comes with 285/70R17 tires. The tires are all-terrain tires, which means they are designed to handle both on-road and off-road driving
- Brake System: The 2025 Toyota 4Runner comes standard with four-wheel disc brakes. The brakes are ventilated in the front and solid in the rear. The TRD Pro model comes with larger brakes, which are designed to handle the increased power of the engine.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Trim Levels
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is available in a variety of trim levels to suit different needs. Whether you are looking for a basic SUV or a hardcore off-roader, the 4Runner has a trim level that is perfect for you.
- SR5: The SR5 is the base trim level of the 2025 Toyota 4Runner. It comes standard with features like a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a rearview camera, and cloth seats.
- Trail Special Edition: The Trail Special Edition is a limited-edition trim level that is based on the SR5. It adds features like black exterior accents, a roof rack, and all-weather floor mats.
- TRD Sport: The TRD Sport trim level adds a more aggressive look to the 4Runner. It comes standard with features like a sport-tuned suspension, black exterior accents, and 17-inch alloy wheels.
- SR5 Premium: The SR5 Premium trim level adds more comfort and convenience features to the 4Runner. It comes standard with features like a leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated front seats, and a JBL sound system.
- TRD Off-Road: The TRD Off-Road trim level is designed for off-road enthusiasts. It comes standard with features like a locking rear differential, Bilstein shocks, and a terrain-select system.
- TRD Off-Road Premium: The TRD Off-Road Premium trim level adds more comfort and convenience features to the TRD Off-Road. It comes standard with features like a sunroof, a power-adjustable driver’s seat, and a navigation system.
- Limited: The Limited trim level is the top-of-the-line trim level of the 2025 Toyota 4Runner. It features a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a panoramic sunroof, and a JBL sound system.
- TRD Pro: The TRD Pro is the most hardcore off-road trim level of the 2025 Toyota 4Runner. It comes standard with features like Fox shocks, a locking front differential, and a winch.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Safety Characteristics
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner offers a variety of security features to help keep you and your passengers safe. Whether you are looking for active safety features to help prevent accidents, passive safety features to protect you in the event of a crash, or a security system to deter theft, the 4Runner has you covered.
Active Safety Features
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) is standard on all 2025 4Runners. TSS-P includes a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, lane departure alert with steering assist, automatic high beams, and adaptive cruise control.
- The 4Runner also offers a variety of other active safety features, such as blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and parking sensors.
Passive Safety Features
- The 4Runner comes standard with eight airbags, including front, side, and curtain airbags.
- The 4Runner also has a strong body structure that helps to protect occupants in the event of a crash.
- The 4Runner comes standard with a security system that includes an alarm, immobilizer, and remote keyless entry.
- The 4Runner also offers an optional theft deterrent system that includes a siren and flashing lights.
2025 Toyota 4Runner: Pros & Cons
- Rugged off-road capabilities: The 4Runner is known for its off-road capabilities, and the 2025 model is no exception. It comes standard with four-wheel drive and a variety of off-road features, such as a locking rear differential and crawl control.
- Reliable and durable: The 4Runner is a very reliable and durable SUV. It has a long history of being able to withstand the rigors of off-road driving.
- Comfortable and spacious interior: The 4Runner’s interior is comfortable and spacious, even for taller passengers.
- Ample cargo space: The 4Runner has a lot of cargo space, even with the third row of seats in use. You can easily fit camping gear, luggage, or anything else you need for your next adventure.
- Fuel economy: The 4Runner’s fuel economy is not the best. It gets an EPA-estimated 17 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.
- Price: The 4Runner is a relatively expensive SUV. The base price starts at $36,120.
- Driving dynamics: The 4Runner is not the most nimble SUV on the market. It can feel a bit top-heavy when cornering.
- Technology: The 4Runner’s infotainment system is not the most user-friendly. It can be difficult to navigate and the graphics are not very good.
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner gets an EPA-estimated 17 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is available in SR5, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro, Limited, and Platinum trim levels.
Key features of the 2025 Toyota 4Runner include four-wheel drive, a locking rear differential, crawl control, and a variety of off-road features.
The 2025 Toyota 4Runner is a great option for those who are looking for a capable and reliable SUV that can handle anything you throw at it. It is not the most fuel-efficient SUV on the market, but it is more than capable of handling off-road terrain. The 4Runner also comes standard with a variety of safety features, making it a safe choice for families.If you are looking for an SUV that is both capable off-road and has enough comfort and features for everyday driving, the 2025 Toyota 4Runner is a great option.The competitors include Jeep Wrangler, Ford Bronco, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Chevrolet Tahoe.