The 2024 Dodge Hornet is a powerful and stylish compact SUV that offers a choice of two powertrains: a 268-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine or a 288-hp plug-in hybrid. It comes standard with all-wheel drive and a host of features, including a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 9-speaker Alpine sound system, and a panoramic sunroof.
The 2024 Dodge Hornet is a new compact SUV that brings a touch of Italian flair to the Dodge lineup. It’s available in two trim levels: GT and R/T. The GT is powered by a 268-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine, while the R/T gets a 288-hp plug-in hybrid powertrain. The Hornet’s interior is stylish and comfortable, with a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 9-speaker Alpine sound system, and a panoramic sunroof. The Hornet also offers a variety of driver-assistance features, including adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and blind spot monitoring.
2024 Dodge Hornet: Redesign & Specs Update
The 2024 Dodge Hornet is a redesigned compact SUV that offers a choice of two powertrains: a 268-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine or a 288-hp plug-in hybrid. It comes standard with all-wheel drive and a host of features, including a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 9-speaker Alpine sound system, and a panoramic sunroof.
- Redesign: The 2024 Hornet has been redesigned with a more aggressive exterior and a more luxurious interior. The exterior features a new front fascia with a larger grille and sharper headlights. The rear end has also been redesigned with new taillights and a more sculpted bumper.The interior has been completely redesigned with a new dashboard, center console, and seats. The materials used in the interior are of higher quality, and the overall design is more modern and sophisticated.
- Specs Updates: The 2024 Hornet also gets a number of updates to the powertrain and features. The turbocharged four-cylinder engine has been upgraded to produce 268 hp, and the plug-in hybrid powertrain now offers an electric-only driving range of up to 30 miles.The Hornet also gets a new 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as a new 9-speaker Alpine sound system.
2024 Dodge Hornet: Price & Release Date
2024 Dodge Hornet Price
The 2024 Dodge Hornet is a new compact SUV that is expected to be released in the summer of 2023. It will be available in three trim levels: GT, GT Plus, and R/T.The following table shows the expected price and release date for each trim level of the 2024 Dodge Hornet:
|2024 Dodge Hornet GT
|2024 Dodge Hornet GT Plus
|2024 Dodge Hornet R/T
What could be the Release Date of 2024 Dodge Hornet?
The exact release date has not yet been announced, but it is likely to be in June or July.
2024 Dodge Hornet: Running Spy Images or Photos
In recent months, there have been a number of running spy photos of the 2024 Dodge Hornet.In addition to running spy photos, there have also been a number of spy shots of the 2024 Dodge Hornet.
2024 Dodge Hornet: Interior Design & Comfort
The 2024 Dodge Hornet is a stylish and comfortable compact SUV that offers a choice of two powertrains: a 268-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine or a 288-hp plug-in hybrid. It comes standard with all-wheel drive and a host of features, including a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 9-speaker Alpine sound system, and a panoramic sunroof.
- Interior Design: The Hornet’s interior is stylish and modern, with a focus on comfort and convenience. The dashboard is well-designed and easy to use, with all of the controls within easy reach. The seats are comfortable and supportive, even on long drives.
- Materials and Finishes: The materials used in the Hornet’s interior are of high quality, with soft-touch plastics and leather upholstery available on higher trim levels. The stitching is precise and the fit and finish is excellent.
- Space and Comfort: The Hornet offers plenty of space for passengers and cargo. The front seats are spacious and comfortable, even for taller drivers. The rear seats are also comfortable, with very good legroom and headroom. The cargo area is also spacious, with 27 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats.
- Seats: The 2024 Dodge Hornet offers a variety of seating options, including cloth, leather, and leatherette upholstery. The GT and R/T trim levels offer heated and ventilated front seats, while the R/T also offers a power-adjustable driver’s seat.
2024 Dodge Hornet: Exterior Designs
The 2024 Dodge Hornet is a compact SUV that is designed to offer a blend of performance, style, and practicality. The exterior design of the Hornet is inspired by Dodge’s performance heritage, with a bold front end that features a large grille and aggressive headlights. The rear end of the Hornet is also stylish, with a full-width taillight bar and integrated exhaust tips.
- Front End: The front end of the Hornet is dominated by a large grille that is flanked by aggressive headlights. The grille features a “mail-slot” design that is reminiscent of classic Dodge muscle cars. The headlights are LED and feature a distinctive “claw” design.
- Side Profile: The side profile of the Hornet is sleek and stylish. The roofline is sloping, which gives the Hornet a sporty appearance. The windows are large, which provides good visibility for the driver and passengers.
- Rear End: The rear end of the Hornet is stylish and modern. The taillights are LED and feature a full-width light bar. The rear bumper is integrated with the exhaust tips.
2024 Dodge Hornet: Different Trim Levels
The 2024 Dodge Hornet is a new compact crossover SUV that is available in four trim levels: GT, GT Plus, R/T, and R/T Plus.
- GT: The GT is the base trim level of the Hornet. It comes standard with a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine, all-wheel drive, a 9-speed automatic transmission, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- GT Plus: Introducing the GT Plus, the ultimate upgrade from the GT model. Experience a host of enhanced features that will elevate your driving pleasure. Feel the rhythm of your favorite tunes like never before with the immersive 10-speaker Alpine sound system, providing a symphony of audio perfection.
- R/T: The R/T trim is a performance-oriented trim level of the Hornet. It comes standard with the same 2.0-liter turbocharged engine as the GT and GT Plus, but it also has a sport-tuned suspension and a unique front fascia. The R/T also comes standard with a number of performance features, such as Brembo brakes, a limited-slip differential, and a performance exhaust system.
- R/T Plus: The R/T Plus is the top-of-the-line trim level of the Hornet. It comes standard with all of the features of the R/T, plus a few additional amenities, such as a leather interior, red brake calipers, and a wireless charging pad.
2024 Dodge Hornet: Engine, Transmission, Acceleration & Power
The 2024 Dodge Hornet introduces a fresh and compact SUV option that comes with a wide range of powertrain choices. These options include a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and a plug-in hybrid powertrain.
- Engine: At the core of the 2024 Hornet lies a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, delivering an impressive output of 268 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. This engine is expertly paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission and equipped with all-wheel drive capabilities. Additionally, the Hornet offers a plug-in hybrid powertrain, combining a turbocharged electric motor. Together, this powertrain produces a combined output of 288 horsepower and an impressive 383 lb-ft of torque. Notably, the Hornet PHEV boasts an electric-only range of 32 miles.
- Transmission: The base engine variant of the 2024 Hornet is seamlessly connected to a nine-speed automatic transmission, ensuring smooth and efficient gear shifts. On the other hand, the Hornet PHEV is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, optimizing performance for its specific powertrain configuration.
- Acceleration& Power: With the base engine option, the 2024 Hornet exhibits a spirited acceleration, propelling from 0 to 60 mph in just 6.5 seconds. The Hornet PHEV, on the other hand, showcases even more impressive acceleration, achieving the 0 to 60 mph sprint in just 5.6 seconds.
|2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder
|1.3L turbocharged four-cylinder + electric motor
2024 Dodge Hornet: Speed & Range
Speed: The GT model rocks a turbocharged 1.3-liter four-cylinder engine that’s got some serious oomph! With a staggering 268 horses and a whopping 295 pound-feet of torque, this bad boy means business. And let’s not forget about the nine-speed automatic transmission that’s a perfect match for this beastly engine. When it comes to acceleration, the GT doesn’t mess around. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in a lightning-fast 6.5 seconds.
Range: The GT model has an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 22 mpg city/29 mpg highway. The R/T model has an EPA-estimated electric-only range of 32 miles and a total driving range of 360 miles.
2024 Dodge Hornet: Fuel Efficiency & Mileage MPG
The 2024 Dodge Hornet is a new compact crossover SUV that offers a variety of fuel-efficient powertrain options. The base model is powered by a turbocharged 1.3-liter four-cylinder engine that gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg city/29 mpg highway. The hybrid R/T model gets an EPA-estimated 32 miles of electric-only range and 360 total miles on a single tank of gas.
|2.0L Turbocharged I4
|1.3L Turbocharged I4 + Electric Motor
2024 Dodge Hornet: Cargo Space & Towing Capacity
Cargo Space: The Hornet’s cargo space—it’s a real game-changer. When you look behind those rear seats, you’ll find a whopping 27.0 cubic feet of room. But hold on tight, because when you fold those seats down, bam! It expands to a mind-blowing 54.7 cubic feet The Hornet also has a number of features that make it easy to load and unload cargo, such as a hands-free power liftgate and a split-folding rear seat.
Towing Capacity: The Hornet has a maximum towing capacity of 2,000 pounds. This is not as much as some other compact crossovers, but it is still enough to tow a small trailer or boat. The Hornet comes standard with a Class II hitch, and a Class III hitch is available as an option.
|Cargo Space (behind rear seats)
|Cargo Space (with rear seats folded down)
|27.0 cubic feet
|54.7 cubic feet
|27.0 cubic feet
|54.7 cubic feet
2024 Dodge Hornet: Wheels, Tires & Brakes
The 2024 Dodge Hornet comes standard with 17-inch wheels and all-season tires. Depending on the trim level, 18- or 20-inch wheels and summer tires are available as options.
- Wheel Technology: The Hornet’s standard 17-inch wheels are made of aluminum and have a five-spoke design. The 18-inch wheels are also made of aluminum and have a seven-spoke design. The 20-inch wheels are made of forged aluminum and have a split-spoke design.
- Tire Performance: The Hornet’s standard tires are all-season tires that provide good traction in a variety of conditions. Summer tires are available as options for drivers who want more performance.
- Brake System: The Hornet comes standard with four-wheel disc brakes. The front brakes are ventilated, while the rear brakes are solid. Brembo brakes are available as an option.
|Front: 13.5-inch disc, Rear: 12.1-inch disc
|Front: 13.5-inch disc, Rear: 12.1-inch disc with red Brembo calipers
2024 Dodge Hornet: Safety Features
The 2024 Dodge Hornet comes standard with a comprehensive suite of safety features designed to help keep drivers and passengers safe. These features include:
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection: This system can automatically apply the brakes if it detects that a collision is imminent.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): This system alerts the driver if it detects that a collision is imminent.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): This system alerts the driver if they are drifting out of their lane.
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA): This system can automatically steer the vehicle back into its lane if it detects that the driver is drifting out of lane.
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM): This system alerts the driver if there is a vehicle in their blind spot.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA): This system alerts the driver if there is a vehicle crossing behind them when they are backing up.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): This system can automatically maintain a set speed and distance between the Hornet and the vehicle in front of it.
- Automatic High Beams (AHB): This system automatically turns on the high beams when it is dark and there is no oncoming traffic.
- ParkSense Rear Park Assist System: This system helps the driver park by providing audible and visual alerts.
- ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera: This camera provides a rear view of the vehicle when backing up.
2024 Dodge Hornet: Pros and Cons
|Powerful and efficient engines
Interior is Spacious and comfortable
Long list of standard safety features
Available all-wheel drive
Stylish and modern design
|Steep price tag
Mediocre fuel economy (for the GT model)
Limited cargo space (for the R/T model)third-row seating option missing
Some interior materials feel cheap
The 2024 Dodge Hornet competes with other compact crossover SUVs, such as the Ford Bronco Sport, Kia Sportage, Mazda CX-30, and Toyota RAV4.
The Hornet’s strengths include its powerful engines, stylish design, and spacious interior.
The Hornet’s weaknesses include its high starting price and lack of all-wheel drive on the base model.
The 2024 Dodge Hornet is expected to go on sale in early 2023.
The starting MSRP for the 2024 Dodge Hornet is $26,885.
The 2024 Dodge Hornet is a well-rounded crossover SUV that offers a good blend of performance, fuel economy, and safety. The Hornet is available in two models: the GT and the R/T. The GT is powered by a turbocharged 1.3-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 268 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. The R/T is powered by a plug-in hybrid powertrain that combines a turbocharged 1.3-liter four-cylinder engine with an electric motor. The total system output is 288 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. The Hornet comes standard with a number of safety features, including automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, and lane keep assist. The Hornet has been awarded a number of safety ratings, including a 5-star overall crash rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and a Top Safety Pick+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).The Hornet’s competitors include the Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5, and Toyota RAV4.